From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] hdparm, CONFIG_ATA_SFF and KDE-4.4.4
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 08:34:20
1 On Donnerstag 29 Juli 2010, Mick wrote:
2 > The title may not make immediately sense, but this is what I have observed.
3 >
4 > I switched to CONFIG_ATA_SFF instead of the deprecated CONFIG_IDE. Up
5 > until that point I had passed -M 128 to hdparm once and my drive retained
6 > the settings between reboots and kept quiet.
7 >
8 > With the new kernel I noticed that KDE-4.4.4 switches it back to -M 254 and
9 > becomes noisy as KDE kicks in (when the system settings symbol comes up
10 > during login).
11 >
12 > I tried adding hdparm in the default runlevel and also added:
13 >
14 > sda_arg="-M 128"
15 >
16 > in /etc/conf.d/hdparm but it doesn't seem to work. KDE resets it to full
17 > pelt.
18 >
19 > Is there a fix to this?
20