From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: make of gentoo-sources-3.2.12 fails
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 15:42:22
1 On Mon, 14 May 2012 17:26:44 +0200
2 "Michael Scherer" <a6702894@××××××××××××××.at> wrote:
3
4 > in my opinion it isn't. with top posting I see the newest message
5 > immidiately, while otherwise I need page through sometimes
6 > huge amounts of mostly obsolete comments.
7 > where it's possible, I put my messages on top, and I've found
8 > more than once forum-rules that require or at least recommend
9 > top posting.
10 > but I garantee that I will get flames, why I do this and urge me
11 > to change my habits.
12 > obviously this is an ingrained habit on gentoo-users, but from
13 > now on I'm going follow my habits and damn the flames.
16 That is rather rude and completely ignores the stated preference of
17 many other people who were here before you. They set the de-facto
18 standard, not you.
19
20 You are running the risk of being plonked which strikes me as being
21 silly. You post here to get good answers, not to be ignored.
24 Alan McKinnnon
25 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com