From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] simple A/V recording software to grab Internet seminar?
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 17:34:57
1 On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 8:39 AM, Paul Hartman
2 <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 11:10 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 5:59 AM, Jake Todd <jaketodd422@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >>> On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 17:51:28 -0700
6 >>> Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
7 >>>
8 >>>> Hi,
9 >>>>    I administer my dad's Gentoo machine from a distance. He's going to
10 >>>> take some sort of seminar over the net and asked me if there was a way
11 >>>> for him to record it - both audio and video. I don't know how the
12 >>>> seminar will be given, but my dad's in his 80's, isn't Gentoo
13 >>>> knowledgeable and if this is going to work what ever the software is
14 >>>> would have to be pretty easy to use.
15 >>>>
16 >>>>    Anyone have any ideas about how to record everything on his screen
17 >>>> along with any audio?
18 >>>>
19 >>>> Thanks,
20 >>>> Mark
21 >>>>
22 >>> media-video/gtk-recordmydesktop
23 >>> or
24 >>> media-video/qt-recordmydesktop
25 >>>
26 >>
27 >> Another good one. Thanks!
28 >> - Mark
29 >
30 > I've never been able to get sound to work with RecordMyDesktop even
31 > though it appears to support it... are there any tricks?
34 Exactly the problem I'm having.
35
36 Additionally it won't record video from MythTV which I think is
37 probably getting written directly to the graphics adapter.
38
39 Anyway, sound is the first problem to solve.
40
41 - Mark