From: Steffen Loos <fenlo@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to get a backtrace from a core dump?
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 14:59:30
1 Nikos Chantziaras schrieb:
2 > I need to get a backtrace from a core dump file. I followed the
3 > instructions here:
4 >
5 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/backtraces.xml
6 >
7 > I added -g to CFLAGS and splitdebug to FEATURES and built the
8 > application with those new setting (that would be media-sound/lmms in
9 > this case.) I then did "ulimit -c unlimited" and started the
10 > application from that shell. I reproduced the crash and a core file was
11 > successfully produced. But, when trying to get a backtrace, I get:
12 >
14 > gdb --core core --batch --quiet -ex "thread apply all bt full" -ex "quit"
15 Add the binary:
16 /> gdb $(which lmms) [--core] core [...]
19 Steffen