From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kde update
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 20:05:49
1 Mick wrote:
2 > On Monday 30 May 2011 20:02:06 Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Mon, 30 May 2011 18:16:44 +0100, Mick wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> Don't panic! What I did was to progressively uninstall the blockers
7 >>> and then run emerge -uaDv world. Eventually there were no blockers,
8 >>> the latest qt was installed and then kde4.6.
9 >>>
10 >> If the blockers are marked with a lower case b, portage will handle them
11 >> for you. It's only blockers marked with B that need manual intervention,
12 >> and I don't recall any of those with the QT upgrade.
13 >>
14 > I had some upper case Bs on one of my boxen, the others were trouble-free.
17 I had the same on my amd64 rig too. I think I recall having to unmerge
18 two packages on mine. On my old x86 box, I think I had to unmerge
19 several on it. It was upgrading from a good bit older packages so that
20 may have had something to do with it.
21
22 I guess YMMV says a lot on this issue.
23
24 Dale
25