From: Roger Mason <rmason@×××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] x86 boot failure
Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 15:38:15
1 Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> writes:
2
3 > On 6 May 2010, at 09:37, Roger Mason wrote:
4 >> ...
5 >> I just built a new machine (celeron 3 GHz) using a script that builds
6 >> the kernel using genkernel and a config that is copied from that of
7 >> the
8 >> kernel on the install cd.
9 >
10 > Are you sure ext[234] is compiled statically into the kernel in this
11 > .config?
12
13 Yes.
14
15 > Also the drivers for the EIDE / SATA controller.
16 >
17 > The liveCD configs I've seen generally store these as modules. I, too,
18 > usually take a copy of the config from a working LiveCD when I compile
19 > a kernel, but I *always* have to change something.
20
21 This what grep SATA kernel-config says:
22
23 # CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDE_SATA is not set
24 CONFIG_SATA_PMP=y
25 CONFIG_SATA_AHCI=m
26 CONFIG_SATA_SIL24=m
27 CONFIG_SATA_SVW=m
28 CONFIG_SATA_MV=m
29 CONFIG_SATA_NV=m
30 CONFIG_SATA_QSTOR=m
31 CONFIG_SATA_PROMISE=m
32 CONFIG_SATA_SX4=m
33 CONFIG_SATA_SIL=m
34 CONFIG_SATA_SIS=m
35 CONFIG_SATA_ULI=m
36 CONFIG_SATA_VIA=m
37 CONFIG_SATA_VITESSE=m
38 CONFIG_SATA_INIC162X=m
39
40 lspci says:
41 00:12.0 SATA controller: ATI Technologies Inc SB600 Non-Raid-5 SATA
42
43 So, what must I set?
44
45 Thanks for the help.