From: Waldemar Tribus <trwa@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Problem using genkernel
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 09:40:15
1 Hallo all,
2
3 i am trying to migrate from 2.4 to 2.6.
4 i wasn't using genkernel with 2.4, now i want to start use it.
5
6 I am calling genkernel like
7 genkernel --menuconfig --bootloader=grub all
8
9 years later it says: * Adding kernel to /boot/grub/grub.conf...
10
11 but all i see is that my old grub.conf gets moved to grub.conf.bak and the new one
12 contains nothing:
13
14 tribus grub # cat /boot/grub/grub.conf
15 tribus grub #
18 I tried to find some bug in gentoo bugzilla but didn't found anything
19 related (may be i am wrong too, not sure)
20
21 any suggestions how to track the problem down?
24 Best regards,
25 Waldemar Tribus mailto:trwa@×××××××××××××.org
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list