From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] About to have fiber internet and need VPN info
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2022 23:09:21
1 On 7/16/22 10:41, Dale wrote:
2 > Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 >> On Saturday, 16 July 2022 11:57:25 BST Dale wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> Basically, I can upload files as fast as I download them. Now I can upload
6 >>> videos or something.
7 >> ...or run a web server!
11 > That's way above anything I'd want to tackle.  Heck, this VPN thing is a
12 > bit confusing.  I've never seen it used before so sort of lost with it.
13 > Maybe once installed it will make sense.
14 >
15 > Dale
16 >
18
19 Check out this post I made some time ago:
20 https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-8028944.html#8028944
21
22 It might give you better understanding what it does, and how it is implemented.
23
24 OpenVPN is just encrypted communication between two networks over public internet (your ISP can not snoop on what you are doing).