From: romildo@××××××××.br
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Two boots?
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 19:28:19
1 On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 02:11:45PM -0500, Shawn Singh wrote:
2 > I'm sorry, but what do you mean when you say that it goes through two boot
3 > cycles? Are you saying that when you need to reboot the machine it will come
4 > up, then reboot itself or that it will start the boot process, but not
5 > complete successfully, which would require you to boot again?
6
7 I have been experiencing this problem for a while, but I
8 did not have the time to try to solve it yet.
9
10 In my case, I have an Athlon64, and most of the time,
11 the first boot attempt stops near the time the clock
12 service is run. Then the machine reboots itself, and
13 the boot process succeeds.
14
15 If I am not wrong, this behaviour started just
16 after the kernel was updated to the 2.6.13 version.
17
18 Romildo
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list