From: Novensiles divi Flamen <noven@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to make Opera or Firefox believe my location is the UK?
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 22:36:13
1 On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 19:25:39 Liviu Andronic wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > On 10/18/07, Novensiles divi Flamen <noven@×××××××.org> wrote:
5 > > I doubt anything about their verification happens from the browser, it
6 > > would all be IP based. So bounce through a proxy in the UK.
7 >
8 > I am already required to connect to the Internet through a transparent
9 > proxy (educational environment). Is there any way to connect to BBC
10 > through an anonymous UK proxy on top?
11 >
12 Nothing fundamental about a transparent proxy prevents going to another proxy.
13 Security conscious admins often do though.
14
15 - Noven
16 --
17 >-- Novensiles divi Flamen --<