From: Joe Menola <menola@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] what's next
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 17:38:10
1 On Sunday August 21 2005 11:24 am, John Dangler wrote:
2 > I'd like a good backup solution w/boot capability, but mondo is right out!
3 > It's too flaky at the moment.
4 > I'd like to get a backup of the system at this stage before adding a
5 > desktop environment, so that I have somewhere to go back to in case of a
6 > bork (either from software or operator error)
7
8 Personally, I prefer to backup at the partition level. Partimage works quite
9 well for me.
10 http://www.partimage.org/
11
12 I boot with SystemRescueCd (has partimage built in) to backup and/or restore
13 my partions.
14 http://www.sysresccd.org/
15
16 -jm