From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Replace 8TB drive with 10TB drive on encrypted LVM
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 17:12:04
1 Laurence Perkins wrote:
2 >> By the way, if someone wants to take this and make a how to out of it
3 >> somewhere, I think it would be great. This is doable. I even rebooted
4 >> and even tho the drives changed SATA ports, it worked fine. So, I guess
5 >> I did it right, even if no one thought it could be done. lol
6 >>
7 >> I really hope this helps someone else. My brain hurts a little. :/
8 >>
9 >> Dale
10 >>
11 >> :-) :-)
12 > If you want, you can slap it into your personal page on the wiki and then it will show up in searches when people go looking for how to do things with LVM and/or cryptsetup.
13 >
14 > LMP
17 Well, I know now.  For future reference tho, you can also tell from the
18 output of lsblk -f which I think is installed as part of @system.  It
19 shows the layers.  Funny tho, I've used lsblk to get UUIDs for a long
20 while and never once noticed it shows that.  It was after Rich posted
21 that I noticed it.  I was looking for UUIDs and that was all I saw I
22 guess.  lol
23
24 Always good to have more than one tool to do something tho.  ;-)
25
26 Dale
27