From: Xi Shen <davidshen84@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] distcc does seem to work
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 02:23:59
1 thanks, i got it working now.
4 On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 1:08 AM, Al <al@×××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
5 > Xi Shen wrote:
6 >
7 >> hi,
8 >>
9 >> this is the my 1st time working with distcc. after i have emerged and
10 >> configured the system (include the make.conf), i tried to emerge kde,
11 >> and use distmon-text to see what would happen. i lost the output of
12 >> the distmon-text, but the output looks something like this:
13 >>
14 >> somefile.name    localhost[1]
15 >> somefile.name    localhost[2]
16 >> somefile.name    some.ip.i.configured[1]
17 >> somefile.name    blocked
18 >>
19 > This looks normal I see the "blocked" when distcc is working but been too
20 > lazy to check it out.
21 >> is it the correct output? what does the '[1]' mean? what does 'blocked'
22 >> mean? and for most of the time, the 2nd field is 'localhost', does this
23 >> means most of the files are actually compiled on local? how to make it
24 >> distribute the work load to other host more than that of the local
25 >> one?
28 > Perhaps you could post your config- /etc/distcc/hosts, have you got the
29 > server running on the other box(s) what abut their configs
30 > -/etc/conf.d/distcc
31 >
32 > Al
39 Best Regards,