From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: OT - Accessing the Digital Cable DVR...
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 16:18:39
1 Michael Sullivan <michael <at> espersunited.com> writes:
4 > I've hooked my digital cable DVR to my PC via an A-to-A USB cord, and
5 > I'm wondering if I can copy programs recorded on the DVR to the PC. In
6 > dmesg, I saw the following:
9 This may or maynot work.
10
11 Install ivman and then plug in the usb cable. My video camera's HDD
12 is auto discovered this way, and then I just copy over the files,
13 from /media/<whatever> to where I want them.
14
15 I have fat, vfat and ntfs supported by compiling into the kernel.
16 It helps and most things I plug into a usb port that are intended
17 for doz, just pop up, via ivman...
18
19 If that does not work, there is a book out about 'Hacking the Cable
20 Modem'. It may give you some ideas.... The author is DerEngel. Never
21 looked at the book, so I cannot tell you if it will be useful.
26 good hunting...
30 James
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list