From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Plextor SATA DVD RW not working
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 03:16:24
1 Hello,
2
3 ON an amd64 I cannot get this DVD RW dual layer drive to work. I'm just
4 trying to get movies to play with Kaffeine or any of the DVD movie player
5 softwares available, then I'll work my way to to burning CDs or DVD, hopefully.
6
7 Kaffeine gives this error message
10 The source can't be read.
11 Maybe you don't have enough rights for this, or source doesn't contain data
12 (e.g: no disc in drive). (/dev/dvd)
15 dmesg shows
16 scsi 2:0:0:0: CD-ROM PLEXTOR DVDR PX-755A 1.04 PQ: 0 ANSI: 5
17
18 The kernel 2.6.20-gentoo-r8 looks fine and the SATA hard drive
19 is working.
20
21 I'm not sure what I missed. As a user I in the cdrom, video and cdrw groups
22 in /etc/group
23
24 Perhaps I need some udev help here....
25
26 ideas?
29 James
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list