From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Suboptimal emerging of python libraries with native code
Date: Sat, 05 May 2018 01:34:52
1 On 2018-05-04 08:33, Andrés Becerra Sandoval wrote:
2
3 > ​​Maybe it is because this bug:
4 > ​
5 > https://bugs.gentoo.org/614464
6
7 It almost certainly is, although the bug seems to say that
8 parallelization wouldn't work for python3.6 either, and the current
9 official ebuild seems to enable it (or least try to, I don't know if it
10 would because it goes through makeopts_jobs which could be buggy too).
11
12 By the way, if you're going to use thread pools in your python code, why
13 import them via _multiprocessing_ ?? There is an official and well
14 documented threading package?
15
16 And of course the code at the link in the bug [1] is horrible, complete
17 misuse of OOP so I wouldn't draw too many conclusions from it - other
18 than: the programmer is not very used to python.
19
20 [1]
21 http://lucasb.eyer.be/snips/python-thread-pool.html
22 --
23 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
24 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
25 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet and on broken lists
26 which rewrite From, fetch the TXT record for no-use.mooo.com.