From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo failed to start
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 04:56:04
1 On 8/31/06, Stephen Liu <satimis@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Edited /etc/fstab as follows;
3 > /dev/hda1 /boot ext2 defaults,noatime 1 2
4
5 Does this filesystem contain a grub directory with stage2, menu.lst
6 (or grub.conf), etc? What does grub/{menu.lst,grub.conf} contain?
7
8 > # grep -v rootfs /proc/mounts > /etc/fstab
9
10 Um...you mean ">/etc/mtab", right? Otherwise your fstab is going to
11 contain things that are not really necessary, like usbfs and sysfs
12 filesystems....
13
14 Anyway, this step is really not even necessary even with mtab, as
15 Gentoo will fix it when you boot.
18 > Still failed, only a black screen with 2 "!" scatering on it. Neither
19 > "grub>" displayed.
20
21 Did you install grub? If so, did you use grub-install or my previous
22 instructions? What output did you get from that? I guess try
23 re-installing grub.
24
25 -Richard
26 --