From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] FEATURES=buildsyspkg
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 09:25:37
1 On Sunday 20 April 2008, Graham Murray wrote:
2 > What is the intended logic of buildsyspkg? I assumed that it would
3 > build binary packages for all 'system' packages, ie those which would
4 > be in a 'stage-2' tarball, but it seems a little arbitrary. For
5 > example, it builds binary packages for portage but not for python,
6 > for baselayout but not openrc, etc.
7
8 I looked around very quickly in $PORTDIR profiles and it seems to be
9 that buildsyspkg uses packages *explicitly* in system - it.e. those
10 listed in the profile/packages files. Python and openrc are not in
11 those files as they depend on other stuff that is. So they are in
12 system, just not in the packages files.
13
14 We'd have to look into the code to verify if this is the case
17 Alan McKinnon
18 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
21 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list