From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Immensely disappointed in emerge -DuN world these days
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 09:46:35
1 On Thursday 13 September 2007 05:58:16 Dan Farrell wrote:
2 > > berkdb = sys-libs/db. apr-util is slotted and 0.9.12 is in a
3 > > different slot than 1.2.8.
4 >
5 > this might give you some idea of what packages might be effected by the
6 > nontrivial update of db:
7 >
8 > dan@pascal ~ $ equery depends db
9 > [ Searching for packages depending on db... ]
10
11 Heh. I'm sorry but that command will produce more noise than useful info.
12 For instance on the laptop I'm writing this from I have 6 different versions
13 of sys-libs/db installed. The above command will show all installed packages
14 that *may* [1] depend on any installed version of sys-libs/db...
15
16 [1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.user/179649/focus=179814
19 Bo Andresen