From: lee <lee@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] IPTABLES
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 13:28:32
1 "siefke_listen@×××.de" <siefke_listen@×××.de> writes:
2
3 > Hello,
4 >
5 > i try to run iptables, block bad ips and close the system.
6 >
7 > I want run firewall which block all INPUT, only ALLOW services i defined.
8 > Ipset want to use to block spam ips, make it sure awesome as ever set rules
9 > manuell.
10
11 After reading a good iptables tutorial, you may want to take a look at
12 shorewall and it's documentation.
13
14 If you're referring to IP addresses from which you receive emails that
15 are spam, I'd recommend getting familiar with exim and perhaps
16 spamassassin. For extreme cases, you might want to use something like
17 fail2ban.