From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Catastrophic bug in the firefox 'ProfileManager' function
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 01:18:08
1 On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 8:20 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > This wouldn't help with some of the things you lost but it will with
4 > your passwords at least. For passwords, this will help and you can use
5 > it somewhere else as well since it is portable, sort of.
6 >
7 > https://lastpass.com/
10 ++
11
12 I was chatting with somebody in my LUG about it and I described it as
13 the most secure password solution people are likely to actually use.
14 You can do better, but most don't. I now have separate
15 random-generated passwords for virtually every service I use now, and
16 when one gets compromised I just log in and change it to a new
17 random-generated password. I periodically backup the list in a csv
18 file to someplace safe.
21 Rich