From: Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Joining PDF files together.
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 08:26:44
1 Hello, everybody on Gentoo.
2
3 On Thu, Jul 09, 2020 at 13:31:36 +0000, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
4 > I've just scanned in a two-page document using sane, and it's given me
5 > as output two separate files. I would like to join these together into
6 > a single document.
7
8 > Would somebody please suggest to me an appropriate package to do this
9 > with.
10
11 Thanks to everybody who responded with a suggestion. In the end, I used
12 pdfunite, simply because it was there. I don't have (and don't want)
13 Java on my system, so that ruled out pdftk.
14
15 Gerrit, you were quite right about sane producing ludicrously large PDF
16 files. I should have cut my file down before emailing it off, but
17 laziness got the better of me. :-(
18
19 gentoo-user is a tremendous group!
20