From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo Tinderboxes?
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2020 10:17:33
1 On 22 April 2020 11:46:33 CEST, Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >On Tuesday, 21 April 2020 23:36:21 BST Michael Jones wrote:
3 >> On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 5:02 PM Gregory Rudolph <rudi@×××××.net>
4 >wrote:
5 >> > I would also offer up some computing power for that, on VMs, or
6 >physical
7 >> > hardware with different configurations. I'd like to be more
8 >involved with
9 >> > the Gentoo Development community, but time is rarely ever on my
10 >side.
11 >> >
12 >> >
13 >> > Best wishes, gentoo's not dead,
14 >>
15 >> Right, I'm sitting on several big-beefy x86_64 machines (They're
16 >older
17 >> machines, but they check out...) that typically are powered off.
18 >>
19 >> I would be happy to donate CPU cycles from one of them.
20 >
21 >Have you thought of contributing their power to BOINC projects? There's
22 >a wide
23 >choice.
24 >
25 >https://boinc.berkeley.edu/
26 >
27 >"BOINC is an open-source software platform for computing using
28 >volunteered
29 >resources."
30
31 Considering the current situation, I switched my systems to foldingathome.
32
33 Any other similar projects?
36 Joost
37 --
38 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.