From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Killing Adobe Flash
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2013 14:13:19
1 On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 2:49 AM, Pavel Volkov <negaipub@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Is anyone able to run Gnash or Lightspark in Gentoo?
3 > Now is the second time I tried it (because yesterday I noticed that Gnash
4 > performs not bad in another distro, Trisquel).
5 > I'm on ~amd64. Both Gnash and Lightspark have similar problems in Firefox
6 > and Chromium. Youtube videos stop and twitch, sound is distorted and has
7 > noise.
8 >
9 > Is anyone luckier than me in burying proprietary software?
10
11 For youtube you can enable HTML5 mode and avoid flash entirely for
12 many videos (but not all). Does not help with other sites but at least
13 it's something. :)
14
15 http://youtube.com/html5