From: John Jolet <john@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cron help
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 02:32:06
1 On Jan 3, 2006, at 8:04 PM, Kris Kerwin wrote:
2
3 > Hi all,
4 >
5 > Let's play everyone's favorite game, "What did Kris do wrong"? ;-)
6 >
7 > I've been working on a set of scripts to utilize Mark Lyon's gml
8 > (Google Mail Loader), a tool to upload email to GMail for easy
9 > storage and searching.
10 >
11 > So far, the scripts work when called explicitly from the command line,
12 > but will not work when called from a cron job.
13 >
14 you ARE aware that your environment and your cron's environment are
15 not the same, right? Paths are not the same....etc. you might want
16 to add an env command to the top of this script and compare that with
17 an env command run at the command line to see the differences.
18 > Here's what I entered in my crontab:
19 >
20 > --- <file: /etc/crontab> ---
21 > # Sync GMail
22 > */5 * * * * kris bash /home/kris/bin/gmail_export/gmail_export.sh
24 >
25 > Thanks in advance!
26 >
27 > Kris Kerwin