From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: elogviewer and something odd with equery
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 15:45:41
1 On Monday 26 April 2010 18:59:26 Dale wrote:
2
3 > Apparently something got changed with a update. I tried to run
4 > hp-setup a bit ago and it failed too. It gave this error:
5 >
6 > No protocol specified
7 > hp-setup: cannot connect to X server :0.0
8 >
9 > I'm running this in a Konsole, part of KDE, so just where would I set
10 > this up? I don't usually have to mess with it and it "just works".
11 > I'm on KDE 4.4.2. Maybe this is a "feature" of KDE4 until it gets
12 > "fixed". ;-)
13
14 I run hp-setup at a virtual console, no X running. Have you tried that?
17 Rgds
18 Peter.