From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: New Install Problems with X
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 14:23:06
1 On 01/04/2011 08:10 AM, KIM WHALEN wrote:
2
3 > The first package in "emerge gnome" that gives me problems is the app-text/gnome-doc-utils-0.20.1 package. When emerged by itself I get the following output.
4 >
5 > # emerge -pv app-text/gnome-doc-utils
6 > checking for a Python interpreter with version >= 2.4... python
7 > checking for python version... 3.1
8
9 There's your problem -- python-3 is installed by gentoo along with a warning that you
10 shouldn't use it for anything important, like emerging other packages for example.
11
12 #eselect python list
13 Available Python interpreters:
14 [1] python2.7 *
15 [2] python3.1
16
17 On amd64 you may still have python-2.6, so that's the one you should switch to
18 using eselect python.