From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] better alternative to NX
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 19:52:17
1 On 07/09/12 19:30, Alex Schuster wrote:
2 >Joseph writes:
3 >
4 >> Are there better alternative to NX?
5 >
6 >I don't know. The commercial original version from nomachine.org
7 >(net-misc/nxserver-freeedition) was said to be somewhat faster than FreeNX
8 >(net-misc/nxserver-freenx), not sure if this is still true, but as
9 >FreeNX is dead, it's probably right. For up to two users, original NX is
10 >free, you only need to pay for more users.
11 >
12 >Then there's net-misc/neatx from Google, I don't know about this. The
13 >successor of FreeNX is X2Go (net-misc/x2go{server,client}), but I did not
14 >have any success with that yet. I didn't try much, though.
15 >
16 > Wonko
17
18 Do you have a good link how to setup net-misc/neatx on Gentoo?
19 I'm not having much luck with nxserver-freenx, how I have key authentication problem.
23 Joseph