From: Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mutt question
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 01:20:40
1 050806 David H. Askew wrote:
2 > whenever I send an email with mutt to a mailing list like I am now,
3 > and I receive a copy of my own post,
4 > Mutt displays the From: information different for my emails : eg
5 > 421 F Aug06 To dhaskew@eart test
6 > I have set realname="myrealname" set in my .muttrc ....
7
8 If you use Ssmtp as your MTA, change /etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf like mine :
9
10 # Set this to never rewrite the "From:" line (unless not given)
11 # and to use that address in the "from line" of the envelope.
12 # PP 050302 : uncommented to get 'Philip Webb' in from line : ok
13 FromLineOverride=YES
14
15 That solved the problem for me.
19 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@××××××××××××××.ca
20 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
21 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list