From: PK <pkugrinas@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Simultaneously emerging multiple packages with same dependencies
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 18:29:52
2 > Don't use multiple instances of emerge, they'll probably all try to merge
3 > the same dependencies. Do it the way the portage developers intended, use
4 > the --jobs option with a single emerge instance.
7 Sure, but sometimes while emerge is building a bunch of packages I remember
8 that I've forgotten to specify a few more, my only option then is to wait
9 till building process finishes. I think it should be possible to be more
10 efficient than that.
11
12 Cheers,
13 P.