From: Jeremi Piotrowski <jeremi.piotrowski@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Firefox 45.2.0 segfaulting
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2016 15:33:23
1 On Thu, 14 Jul 2016, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 >
3 > Same behavior with 47.0.1. Starting 47 in "safe mode" avoids the
4 > problem, but starting 47 in normal mode with all extensions disabled
5 > still crashes.
6 >
7 > I downgraded to 38.8, and everyting works fine again.
10 Are you running all of these test with the build-from-source
11 www-client/firefox ebuild? I used to do that but after not being able to
12 track down the cause of some weird font-related graphics glitches, I
13 settled for the binary www-client/firefox-bin package and haven't had
14 problems since. I always run ~amd64 firefox-bin, currently at 47 and have
15 no problems whatsoever.
16
17 Definitely recommend you try that before going for chrome.