From: "Timothy A. Holmes" <tholmes@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Reconstructing a Gentoo Installer Computer
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 12:11:08
1 Hi folks:
2
3 A few months back, I went through a phase where I built several
4 computers via the gentoo installer disk, they work, but they are not as
5 well optimized as I would like. I have successfully destroyed 5 of them
6 trying to fix the use flags, so after that im to the point of asking for
7 some help :) --
8
9 My IDS box is the next one on the list to be fixed. I would like to be
10 able to rebuild the kernel for what I use it for - -No problem there --
11 that's simple. And I would like to take out all the unused use flags
12 and replace them with a basic set - -this is where I have gotten into
13 trouble before on the other systems -- I can edit them in make.conf so I
14 have what I want - right now it looks like I will be using
15
16 USE="apache2 dev/lang-php mysql -ipv6 -mmx -mp3 -nls -xmms -alsa -arts"
17
18 Knowing that, once I edit make.conf, what do I need to do next to get
19 stuff re-compiled etc?
20
21 Any other recommendation etc???
22
23 Thanks
24
25 TIM
28 Timothy A. Holmes
29 IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher
30
31 Medina Christian Academy
32 A Higher Standard...
33