From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] MTS player
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 17:12:21

My new Sony camcorder produces MTS and CPI video output files.

So far I have found that Dragon Player works OK replaying the files.
I just notices that there is mplayer and mplayer2; not sure
what the differences are between the two.

mplayer2 failed to compile; so now it's off to debug that failure,
as I'm assuming that mplayer2 is better than mplayer ????

What I do is copy the files from the embedded flash memory
onto my gentoo drives and them play them natively and  store
video for the long term.

What gentoo software do other folks use to replay and organize
your HD video files?

Any discussion or recommendations  is welcome.

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-user] MTS player Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>