From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Reiserfs meltdown
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 19:44:41
1 On Tuesday 18 July 2006 06:17, Bryan Whitehead wrote:
2 > On Mon, 17 Jul 2006, Ralph Slooten wrote:
4 > > Hash: SHA1
5 > >
6 > > Hiya list,
7 > >
8 > > Just need some opinions here, and am not looking for a raving flame-war
9 > > regarding which file system is better etc ;-) ~ Oh and please excuse the
10 > > long mail, but I need explain my situation clearly to avoid confusion.
11 >
12 > [snip]
13 >
14 > I've had this happen to me a number of times... I'm now a happy XFS
15 > user. :)
16 >
17 > </flamestart ;) >
18
19 No flamestart, but . . .
20
21 I have had the opposite experience: reiserfs surviving happily multiple
22 lockups due to faulty memory with no fs corruption. Installed /usr on an xfs
23 (laptop) and after a couple of hard reboots it was borked! This has happened
24 a number of times to the extent that I became convinced reiserfs is the
25 preferred fs for me. Mind you I am still running /usr on xfs. ;-)
26
27 Just my 2c's.
28 --
29 Regards,