From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: xorg-server blocked by ati-drivers
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 19:40:18
1 Stuart Howard <stuart.g.howard <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > This link to the forum though I realise it is nvidia based it may give
5 > some further information the posts refer to a bug which further refers
6 > to another bug which is the ATI issue but the general point is there.
7
8 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-556528-highlight-nvidia+block.html
11 Hello Stuart,
12
13 Interesting reading. Here's what I currently used on my system:
14
15 x11-base/xorg-server Installed versions: 1.1.1-r1
16
17 x11-drivers/ati-drivers Installed versions: 8.35.5
20 This all works with my ATI 1900XT card (glx gears runs
21 on a full 22 inch widescreen (1680 x 1050) at 1800 FPS.
22 The little default 2x2 runs glxgears at 11,000 FPS.
25 This might explain why every permutaion of ati-drivers
26 and xorg-server that I entered into /etc/portage/package.mask
27 does not neutralize the request to upgrade xorg-server to 1.3.0.0
28
29 ## I tried every permutation possible here, nothings masks
30 ##the upgrade request so I can continue with routine upgrades
31 <=x11-base/xorg-server-1.1.1-r1
32 >=x11-drivers/ati-drivers-8.32.5
35 blocks B x11-drivers/ati-drivers (
36 is blocking x11-base/xorg-server-1.3.0.0)
37
38 I did not glean from the discussion how to neutralize the erroneous
39 upgrade request so I can perform the other upgrades. Any ideas on that?
43 James
46 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list