From: "Thomas Rösner" <Thomas.Roesner@××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] browser advice
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 18:35:06
1 Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
2 > On Thursday 30 November 2006 10:22, Jorge Almeida wrote:
5 >> On Thu, 30 Nov 2006, Dale wrote:
6 >>
7 >>> used epiphany before. What's it look like?
8 >>>
9 >> Have no idea, I didn't tried either. Being something from Gnome, I
10 >> suspect it's not very customizable, but I may be completely wrong.
13 > You can find more info here:
14 > http://www.gnome.org/projects/epiphany/
15 > seems that it uses the gecko rendering engine, the same used by firefox
16 > and seamonkey (and can use the plugins too). Like many Gnome programs,
17 > it aims to be simple, easy to use and probably not very customizable (no
18 > flames, just my impression).
21 If all apps were like Epiphany, Gnome wouldn't be beaten around that
22 much, me thinks (and I wouldn't use ROX-Filer instead of Nautilus). If
23 you want to try something fresh, perhaps you find this article gives you
24 an impulse:
25
26 http://ploum.frimouvy.org/?2006/03/15/100-why-you-should-try-epiphany-as-your-default-browser-with-gnome-214
27