From: Colleen Beamer <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Frozen after Upgrade
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 13:32:31
1 Hi,
2 Yesterday, I updated my system. On reboot, I get to my login screen,
3 but then everything is frozen - the cursor blinks in the box where I
4 am supposed to enter my password, but the keyboard doesn't work and my
5 mouse is frozen. I don't know if this has something do do with the
6 xorg update that happened in connection with my nvidia driver.
7
8 I can't even kill X because, stupid me didn't configure the
9 Ctrl-Alt-Backspace when it was no longer automatically configured.
10
11 Right now, I have booted from a Kubuntu live CD so was able to get
12 into the system to write this.
13
14 Is there a way I can fix this without having to do a complete reinstall?