From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Best *SIMPLE* firewall?
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2018 10:09:55
1 On 01/03/18 00:26, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > Like everybody around here I prefer a FOSS implementation,
3 > and would trust it more due to the "many eyes" philosophy, but I'd
4 > stop short of saying that the Windows software firewall is
5 > particularly insecure.
6
7 Bear in mind that "many eyes" only works when said eyes are looking in
8 that direction.
9
10 The crucial take-away is that "many eyes" does not make products any
11 better, it just means that when a bug is found, it's a lot easier to
12 find the solution. Because any interested party can look for it rather
13 than hitting a notice "Kein Eintritt!"
14
15 Cheers,
16 Wol