From: Mike Kazantsev <mk.fraggod@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user]WAS lvm problem -- NOW sleep tweak?
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 04:27:44
1 On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 12:18:26 -0600
2 Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > > Put it in localmount, not bootmisc, just before
5 > > ebegin "Mounting local filesystems"
6 >
7 > No lvm but same problem: the two partitions sdb1, sdb2 aren't mounted
8 > during boot, but are mountable by hand following login.
9 >
10 > I added the sleep command to localmount and the partitions are now
11 > mounted during boot. But, only after some annoying ugliness.
12 >
13 > a bit of console output:
14 >
15 > *Checking all filesystems...
16 > fsck.ext2: No such file or directory while trying to open /dev/sdb1
17 > ...
18 > ditto /dev/sdb2
19 > ...
20 > *Operational error, continuing [!!]
21 > *Mounting local filesystems... [ok]
22 > ...
23 > and so on to login.
24 >
25 > And yes the partitions are indeed mounted. But is this the best I can
26 > hope for. I hate seeing red during bootup ;(
27
28 You can:
29
30 1. Add that sleep to fsck (or any earlier script) instead of localmount.
31
32 2. Create separate initscript, say, "disks-wait" with nothing but sleep
33 and either add it to sysinit runlevel or to boot, but with
34 appropriate "before" dependencies, so fsck and localmount will run
35 after it. Looks cleaner to me than the first way.
38 Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net