From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] NFS configuration (tcp/ip & MythTV)
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 15:39:54
1 Hi,
2 I have set up a large NFS mount for use as remote storage for our
3 MythTV server. It works, but since setting it up the mythbackend
4 program has twice shut down in the middle of the night. Prior to
5 setting up this storage mythbackend had never, to the best of my
6 knowledge, ever shut down unexpectantly. Obviously I'm suspicious that
7 this change is the root cause.
8
9 From the MythTV-Users list I've seen people talking about using NFS
10 devices but recommending that they be set up with TCP instead of UDP.
11 So far I haven't yet found any Gentoo docs on how to do this.
12
13 Any comments on whether this is likely to yield better results and
14 how I might look at going about it? Pointers to the right Gentoo docs
15 much appreciated.
16
17 Thanks,
18 Mark