From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Which desktop antivirus?
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 12:36:53
1 On Saturday 22 Oct 2011 21:31:32 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sat, 22 Oct 2011 20:03:44 +0300, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 > > ClamVM has poor detection rates. You might want to look into AVG Free
4 > > for Linux.
5 >
6 > Do you have any documentation for this?
7 >
8 > I'm not saying you're wrong, rather that I'd like to know more.
9
10 This is not current, but if it is to be believed (and without details on the
11 methodology I'd be reluctant to believe it) clamav came 2nd after Karspersky:
12
13 http://www.builderau.com.au/blogs/byteclub/viewblogpost.htm?p=339270831
16 This on the other hand is both current and more meaningful, because it
17 includes zero day attacks:
18
19 http://www.shadowserver.org/wiki/pmwiki.php/AV/VirusDailyStats
20
21 ClamAV on linux comes 3rd for zero day attacks and 16th on retries.
22 --
23 Regards,
24 Mick