From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Layman and eix-sync
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 02:17:56
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm using layman to keep KDE 3.5 installed and have a question. I run
4 eix-sync to sync my tree. From what I see, it appears it also syncs the
5 layman part as well. Does it? This is what I see:
6
7 [0] "gentoo" /usr/portage/ (cache: metadata-flat)
8 Reading 100%
9 [1] "kde-sunset" /usr/local/portage/layman/kde-sunset (cache:
10 parse|ebuild*#metadata-flat#assign)
11 Reading 100%
12
13 I just want to make sure I am seeing this correctly.
14
15 While I am here, I plan to get rid of all the layman stuff when KDE 4 is
16 ready enough for me to use. Do I just run layman -d all and unmerge
17 layman? Does that get the job done?
18
19 Thanks much.
20