From: Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] K3b does not find burning device
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 10:49:09
1 meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2
3 > K3b suddenly cannot find any burning device of my system.
4 > Hald is running. vlc can acces the drive for playing dvds.
5 > kdebase-runtime-meta is installed. k3b was recompiled without
6 > problems. The Configuration dialog of k3b states for both
7 > kind of drives "none". And me? I have really no idea, what
8 > is happening here. Previously it works perfectly and I dont
9 > know when its stops working, since I dont burn dvds that often.
10
11 I remember that I did see a similar report half a year ago. At that time,
12 cdrecord had no problems to find the drives....
13
14 The problem with k3b is that it does not depend on the portable cdrtools but on
15 self-written code from the k3b project that as a result from time to time
16 suffers from changes in the Linux distributions.
17
18 Jörg
21 EMail:joerg@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
22 js@××××××××××××.de (uni)