From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is this working correctly??
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 18:37:57
1 On Tuesday, 22 August 2017 16:41:54 BST Dale wrote:
2 > Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 > > On 22/08/2017 15:01, Dale wrote:
4 > >> Howdy,
5 > >>
6 > >> I have this
7
8 You have not defined what "this" is. The word "this" is being used here as a
9 determinant (I think), but it is not preceded by a sentence defining it. So,
10 we are left hanging in anticipation of you revealing what "this" refers to,
11 meanwhile engaging in wild a** guessing as to what it might have been you had
12 in your mind, but never wrote down.
15 > >> set to send text only for gentoo.org and kde.org. Someone
16 > >> replied making me think it
17
18 Hmm ... same deal here. You have not defined "it".
19
20 > >> is not doing as instructed, even tho
21
22 By "tho" I assume your mean "though" if you have used a spelling variant of
23 the late 19th early 20th century, which in 2017 may appear an oddity.
24 Nevertheless, your preference is respected.
25
26 > >> settings says it is.
27
28 Well, "settings" in plural form are more than one and therefore the verb must
29 "say" it is. Of course, settings say nothing, as they are not a person to
30 utter words. Settings define, specify, set, show, indicate, and so on.
31
32 > >> Can someone tell me for sure and certain that this is
33 > >> sending as it should? Text only I hope.
34
35 "this" and "it" still require defining.
38 > > I see 3 problems with your mail, but content-type is not one of them :-)
39 > > That is set to text only, exactly as you intended
40 >
41 > What would those be? Maybe I can change a setting and fix it.
42
43 Here we go again: Alan explained he spotted three (3) things wrong with your
44 mail. He did not say your mail is wrong. Therefore, "it" is inappropriate in
45 form. It should be in plural.
46
47 In addition, I am not sure what setting you may need to change. I hope it
48 will not be painful for either party.
49
50 > Dale
51 >
53
54 LOL! I'm only pulling your leg Dale! Wot U wrote was good and proper! :-)
55
56 PS. I think Peter may be around the corner any minute now, to correct my
57 English too! Ha, ha, ha!
58 --
59 Regards,
60 Mick