From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] maintaining clones
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 08:46:15
1 On 31 Jul, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 09:59:02 +0200 (CEST), Helmut Jarausch wrote:
3 >
4 >> I've done so in the past but I've made bad experience.
5 >> Unfortunately portage isn't so clever, yet.
6 >
7 > portage is a lot cleverer than it used to be, especially with regard to
8 > blocks.
9
10 Yes, I'm using portage-2.2_rc33 but still ...
11 >
12 >> Many times (on the 'clones', as well) I had to block packages before
13 >> emerge and then unblock again. I even had to unmerge some packages
14 >> temporarily and emerge them later on again.
15 >
16 > It sounds like you were using -K rather than -k or trying to build binary
17 > packages with --buildpkgonly, which is doomed to failure when trying to
18 > build dependent packages.
19
20 No, on the 'master' machine I have in /etc/make.conf
21 FEATURES="buildpkg -stricter"
22
23 and on the clones I use '-k'.
24
25 But still, portage checks dependencies on the clone.
26 And, if it sees a problem (like those when upgrading to kde-4
27 or qt-4.5.x) it refused to merge the binary package.
28
29 Helmut.
33 Helmut Jarausch
34