From: Tamas Sarga <tamas@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo list <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --update world build problem
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 08:42:37
1 On Wed, 21 Sep 2005, John Jolet wrote:
4 > I'm having a problem doing an emerge --update world OR system on a new
5 > system, just set up today using the minimal boot cd, downloading the
6 > latest stage3 file for pentium 4, and the latest portage snapshot. It
7 > seems to be dying on the build for glibc. trying to move xtrace.new to
8 > xtrace (looong path omitted). I don't see a failure on the xtrace build
9 > step right above that. What gives?
12 Hi,
13
14 What is the last 50 lines of emerge?
15 Haven't you change any not-too-wise-to-change-in-case-of-stage3 attributes, such as CHOST, have you?
16
17 NB.: Only do emerge --update world is not security wise solution, 'cause
18 the not direct dependencies won't be updated. Do emerge --deep --update
19 world instead!
20
21 HTH.
22 Cheers,
23 Tamas Sarga Sárga Tamás
24 --
25 Make the world confused! Zavard össze a világot!
26 Smile on monday morning! Mosolyogj hétfõ reggel!
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list