From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Veritas Backup Exec 10d
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 18:11:01
1 Mal Herring wrote:
2 > Hi Gentoo User,
3 > Recently brought Backup Exec 10d but before doing so spoke with a sales
4 > person who confirmed with Veritas that the Linux/Unix agent would
5 > work...
6 >
7 > After finding that it doesn't and checking the Veritas site
8 > http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/264484.htm it would seem that it
9 > supports a lot of other Linux OS's so I am sure I could fudge it to work
10 > on Gentoo...
11 >
12 > So it seems to need RPM support so I emerged RPM, it then fails on some
13 > needed - see below:
14 >
15 > Installing Symantec Backup Exec Remote Agent for Linux and Unix Servers
16 > 4.0 on muttley:
17
18 I'd install lib-compat and see how much of your list that gets you. Most
19 binary packages require lib-compat on just about any Linux distro.
20
21 Assuming you can get all the libs you need I'd force the install rather
22 than try to inject everything you need into your rpm db.
23
24 kashani
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list