From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Tips for fresh install with GRUB2+RAID1+LVM2
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 23:24:21
1 On Sun, 17 May 2015 12:48:58 +0100, Nuno Magalhães wrote:
2
3 > I want to use mdadm to create a RAID1 with 2 SATA disks. From what i
4 > gather, i'll need (bootable) 0xFD partitions, i'll use full disk for
5 > them and no separate /boot (unless required). Is GPT required or can i
6 > stick to MBR? Is fdisk safe? Seems usable to me.
7
8 If you are not using a UEFI motherboard, you can stick to MBR. Whether
9 you should is another question. GPT is more flexible and robust than MBR,
10 having learned from all the shortcomings of the last 30 years of putting
11 up with a system designed for 10MB hard disk.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 When told the reason for Daylight Saving time the old Indian said...
18 "Only a white man would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a
19 blanket And sew it to the bottom of a blanket and have a longer blanket."