From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: Looking for SATA controller recommendation
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 19:48:13
1 Roy Wright wrote:
2 > Albert Hopkins wrote:
3 >> I think as long as you stay away from RAID, in particular "fake" HW
4 >> RAID, then it would be difficult to find a SATA controller that wasn't
5 >> supported by the kernel.
6 >
7 > Thank you. The hardware search is being a little more difficult than I
8 > had hoped. I'm finding:
9 >
10 > * Internal SATA 1 (PCI)
11 > * Internal SATA 2 (PCI-X)
12 > * eSATA (PCI, PCIe)
13 > * hardware RAID (PCI, PCIe, PCI-X) using proprietary binary drivers
14 >
15 > Looks like I need to rethink my storage upgrade.
16 >
17 > Thank you,
18 > Roy
21 http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16816103058
22
23 The Adaptec card looks reasonable though one of the comments indicates
24 that someone had issues doing RAID5 via Linux with it which seems
25 strange. You can always test and return if it doesn't work out.
26
27 kashani
28 --
29 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list