From: Diagon <gentoolists.boxy@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Trouble on first install with LUKS & BtrFS
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2020 04:59:15
1 I've done a basically vanilla install (*) of gentoo hardened with disks prepared at luks/btrfs. I've used `genkernel --btrfs --luks all`. I am getting the following error when trying to boot the system and arrive at the point of unlocking a disk (note the spaces, "on ... failed"):
2
3 device-mapper: reload ioctl on <spaces> failed: No such file or directory
4
5 Dropping into the initramfs and trying `cryptsetup open`, I get the same error, though `cryptsetup isLuks` is responding positively.
6
7 Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might proceed?
8
10 (*) Almost. I'm actually using two LUKS disks continaing a BtrFS RAID-1. So I'm using a patch: https://bugs.gentoo.org/694778